Tuesday, April 10, 2012


Watchlist Addition April 10th:  Northern Oil and Gas (NOG): Here's a great Bakken producer with an efficient non-operator model.  Shorts have taken control of this name over the past few weeks, but its starting to show signs of life at the $20 support area.  Notice the falling wedge, and also notice the ADX rising above the -DI line (red circle).   This is a classic v-bottom setup.  No entry yet, but I am keeping a very close eye on it.

UPDATE April 12th:  Added to my NOG position at $20.50 this morning.
UPDATE April 17th:  NOG took a dive yesterday along with other oil and gas names.  I lightened up my position at a small loss, but I am still holding a core position from $20.90.  Patience on this one... 

disclosure: I am long NOG from the $21 area.

No comments:

Post a Comment